The Science, Baby!

A view of life from a busy mind in a small town.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Mixtape 101


Some people make mixtapes because they're young, in-love, and can't afford a more expensive gift for their young love. Some make mixtapes because they break-up, and they need to be musically reminded of why they should never fuck with their ex again. Me, I just make them 'cause I'm bored, and some of them because I hope they can come into play when I'm lucky enuff to get lucky. Well, anyway, I'm convinced that I've made one of the best neo-soul mixtapes in the world. This one is a slow 'cause I'm hopin' to get sum real soon. I've been unactive (and not by choice). It included Floetry, Musiq, and my future-baby-daddy, Dwele. Although she's the queen of Neo-Soul, I had to exclude Jill Scott because I have put "Cross My Mind" on way too many mixtapes including my relaxation CD to listen to while I was in labor, and that special CD for after the fact that I call "Long Six Weeks." Anyway, I call this one Closer, for two reasons: There are three songs called "Closer" on there, and I'm tryna get closer to a certain friend North on I-75...but I won't put him out there. Here's my playlist:

1 Mars/Venus Interlude - Koffee Brown
2 Prototype - Andre 3000
3 What Is Love? - Vivian Green
4 Feelings - Floetry
5 Beatuiful Surprise - India.Arie
6 Closer - Slum Village featuring Dwele
7 Closer - Floetry
8 Closer - Goapele
9 One Mo'Gin - D'Angelo
10 Soul Searchin' - Me'Shell Ndegeocello
11 Break You Off - The Roots featuring Musiq
12 Star - Kindred The Family Soul
13 Hello - Floetry
14 Settle For My Love - Musiq (when he was still Soulchild)
15 Qualified - Koffee Brown
16 Orange Moon - Erykah Badu
17 Love - Musiq Soulchild


I love this CD because all but five seconds is used up and for some reason I cannot let an 80 minute CD go without filling it up. This world is so wasteful! Anyway if I'm successful I'll be telling more tales about this mixtape and many others in future posts. I got my fingers crossed!! (Isn't Jill so pretty in this picture?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home