The Science, Baby!

A view of life from a busy mind in a small town.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Bad "F"in Day


I have had bad days in my life time. There has been the "that time of the month" bad day. There was the "my newborn won't go to sleep" bad day. And the ever so popular "you're getting on my last nerves" bad day. Today isn't one of those days. It started off bad because I planned to get up at 6:45 a.m. and work on my term papers that are due today. I didn't wake up until 8. My son gave me a hard time about getting him dressed. I had to scrape my car off cuz the heat and defrost dont' work. I was late dropping my son off to daycare. Then as soon as I pulled off from the daycare, I caught a stupid flat, the worst I've ever seen in my life. Then when I got out to check the status of the flat, I felt the coldest breeze on my ass. I just knew that I sat in something wet, but what. When I got in the house I realized that my almost new corduroy army fatigue pants that I keep bragging about had split from my back bone to the top of my thigh. I think God is laughing at me real hard, saying "Well, at least your tire was flat so you didn't walk onto campus with your butt out!" My cousin picked me up for class, but I missed my first class, meaning no final exam review for Russian History. Then I go pick up my son from daycare, and one of the providers tells me that she knew my pants had split, but she thought it was a fashion trend, so her ass kept it to herself. I thought old ladies were supposed to be sweet, like grandmothers. On top of that, my mom calls me and tells me that she cancelled our trip to Detroit, knowing that I had been looking forward to it for weeks. (Remember, I have that crush up there...I told ya'll yesterday.) It's still early, so maybe God is done razzin' me the day, I can go on drama free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home