The Science, Baby!

A view of life from a busy mind in a small town.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Thin Line Between Assertive and Bitchy

I was recently told by my "roommate"/ex, J.P. that he doesn't come home because I nag and I try to boss him around. No one has ever called me bossy, at least not to my face. I was just wondering, at what point does an assertive woman become a bitch. Men are always saying they want a strong woman with her own mind, but just as soon as she shows some sign of aggression she's crossed some unset boundary into bitchdom. I don't feel that. Now if I was quiet and meek this cat would complain and tell me to stop letting people walk all over me. But since I speak my mind to him, I gotta be bossy. Men don't know crap!

1 Comments:

Blogger GoddessNoir said...

We become bossy when we go against whatever it is they want us to do at that particular moment.

Ex.1: Putting up your own curtains or requesting to speak to the manager of a store after being treated badly: Assertive

Ex.2 Us: "Where were you at three this morning when you were supposed to be at work/home/wherever they said they were going to be but weren't: Bitchy

6:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home