The Science, Baby!

A view of life from a busy mind in a small town.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Laina's 05 Picks

I'm such a copy cat. Everyone else have given there 2005 picks, so I wanna give mine, too.

Best Impersonation by a Female
Beyonce as Tina Turner at the Kennedy Center Honors. I was very impressed. Girlfriend had it down to the hair toss.

Best Impersonation by a Male
Nelly as LL Cool J at the VH1's Hip Hop Honors. The abs were so tight, I coulda swore it was Ladies Love himself.

Best "Ography" in a Video
Touch by Omarion. Wherever he found that girl in the video, he needs to keep her on staff, or hire Ciara.

Best Performance by a Female
Janet Jr...oops, I mean Ciara. This sister be rollin' her hips and poppin' and 1,2 steppin'. I even had to talk about her in a poem I wrote. I need her to teach me sum moves.

Best Performance by a Male
Omarion. From the BET Awards to the Billboards, this cat is giving Usher a run for his money.

Dumbest Song I Can't Help But Dance Too
Laffy Taffy by D4L. I found myself at the club shaking my Laffy Taffy to this dumb ass track and by the time I realized it, the song was over.

Dumbest Shit on TV
All dance shows. Dancing with the Stars, So You Think You Can Dance, I'm even dissappointed in Soul Train.

Most Boring Interview
Beyonce. She doesn't tell nuthin, she's stiff, and it's even worse when them otha two girls is wit her.

Most Interesting Interview
Jamie Foxx. I love him. He funny all the time. But he's not goofy funny, he's sexy funny.

Weirdest Occurance
Making the Band 3. Puffy made a band, but the remain nameless and songless.

Best Reunion
Envogue at the Hip Hop Honors. Where have these ladies been? I was dying to hear "Hold On" or "What's It Gonna Be."

Most Posh Hip Hop Event
The Vibe Awards. They went all the way mainstream this year. There was a red carpet show on E!, there were tons of white folk, and everyone dressed in gowns and tuxes.

Best Acceptance Speech
Kanye West at the Grammys. Most would expect this to go to Jamie Foxx and his Oscar speech, but I am very proud that Mr. West didn't go postal at the award show.

Best Catchphrase
"Hell to da naw." I love Whitney for this one. I even tried to get this airbrushed on a shirt.

Odd Couple
Bow Wow and Ciara. Isn't she taller than him? Maybe it's just me, but I'm uncomfortable with a short man. Plus, she's like a woman, and he's like an 8 year old.

Oddly Normal Couple
Nas and Kelis. As weird as they are together, they got married and have managed to stay out of the limelite.

Most Overplayed Track Female
Don't cha by the Pussycat Dolls. If he wanted a girlfriend like you, he'd find one.

Most Overplayed Track Male
Candy Shop by 50 Cent. As much as I liked this song, I have to admit that it's nuthin but Magic Stick without Lil' Kim.

Best Break-Up Song
Shake You Off by Mariah Carey. As disgusted as I was with her last year, I gotta give it to her for giving us this one.

Best Rap Dance Track
Play by David Banner. I didn't understand this song at first. My 16 year old sister explained it to me, and I've liked it ever since.

Best R&B Dance Track
Touch by Omarion. This track is hot to death. I saw the video first and I tied to dance like that girl all summer.

Best Rock Dance Track
You're Speaking My Language by Juliette and the Licks. If you know who Juliette Lewis is you know how crazy she is. This track is just as crazy.

Unpromoted Artist of the Year
Floetry. I don't know how I found out about their album, but once I found out, I fell in love. That CD is da bomb!

Where were you?
India.Arie. My family is sick of me playing Voyage To India.
Kelly Price. Lost all that weight, now she don't wanna sing.
D'Angelo. I thought he had this every five year thing going on...he's late.

Best Region for New Music
The South. The South produced a lot of music, good and bad, in 2005. Chamillionaire, Paul Wall, Bobby Valentino, Brooke Valentine and Jamie Foxx just to name a few.

Saddest Song
"When I'm Gone" by Eminem. I'm sure Hailie Jade doesn't want to hear a song about her father dying.

Best Solo Artist Since Beyonce
Gwen Stefani. I love No Doubt, but her solo project was among my favorite albums this year.

Trend of the Year
Having babies. I know it's the Age of Aquarius and that makes people a lot more horney, but damn. Everybody had a baby. Even I gave in and had a baby.

You're Making Us Look Bad
Lil' Kim. Not that she was serving as any kinda role model before, but now she is really making women and Black folks look bad.
Katie Holmes. That girl ain't doing a damn thang to help Toledo's image. People didn't know wheer we were, not that they know they probably think we're all crazy.

I think I'll stop here. All I do all day is talk about people, so I know I can go on all day. I'll quit while I'm ahead.

1 Comments:

Blogger Miz JJ said...

Cute post. The pussycat dolls thing made me laugh because that's what I always say. That, or he'd kick it with you for a minute and then head back to his girlfriend.

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home