The Science, Baby!

A view of life from a busy mind in a small town.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Ode to Donna

I guarantee every guy that reads this will think it is gay, but women will understand. I miss my bestfriend, Donna. I haven't seen here since my baby shower in baby shower back in March. Back in our early college days we spent a lot of time together. She hipped me on to a lot of music. She helped me with my writing. Before I met her, I didn't even know what size I wore in women's clothes. She's like my sister. I don't have many friends in Toledo, so I don't have much fun. I used to visit Columbus a lot, but a baby changes things. As a tribute to my bestest friend in the world, here are some things about Donna.

First thing she said when we met: "You're boyfriend looks gay."
My nickname for her: Donni or Mica
Food we could eat forever: Salmon
Movies we watched everyday: Belly and The Best Man
Guys I've introduced her to: Craig (thought you were gonna marry him), Dee, Dexter, Chris
What she called her dorm room: The Penthouse
Only rule of The Penthouse: No one talks bad about D'Angelo
Albums she helped me appreciate: Urban Hang Suite, VooDoo, Subject, Mama's Gun
Things we have in common: We hate weave. We love sexy shoes. We're recovering Sims adicts. We write. We can't live without men, candles, or lip gloss. At one point we both had fros (I just had to get a relaxer).
Baby shower gift she bought that I still use: OSU onesie (Well, I try to use it, he can't fit it too well anymore.)
Worst trip we ever took: Block party 2000 ties with Alpha Aqua Cabaret in Xenia
Best trip we ever took: Cincinnati
Guys she's introduced me to: Curtis, Rod, Rue, Ray
Places in Columbus I'm hooked on because of her: Singing Dog, Grinders, On the Border
What I admire about her: Her ambition
Why she's my best friend: She understands how crazy I am, and she still wants to be my friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home