The Science, Baby!

A view of life from a busy mind in a small town.

Monday, December 26, 2005

Chrismaramadanzakuh and the Holiday Tree

Although my Christmas was fantabulous and I got almost everything I wanted, I have to beef about this meshing together of holidays and the political correct gurus that want me to call my beloved Christmas tree a fuckin' Holiday tree. First off, I'm a very traditonal girl, and I'm going to celebrate Christmas, nothing more, nothing less. I once dated a muslim and every year around Christmas, my family would grill me about choosing a belief or a holiday to celebrate cuz I couldn't do Christmas and Ramadan...not that I would try to do both anyway. I much as I was in love with that cat, I could not cross over. I new that I wanted some ham hocks in my greens on Christmas. In my firmest opinion, two people of separate beliefs cannot make it. Someone has to convert. You can fast while that other one of you is eating ham.

Anyway, for these Holiday tree cooks...GET YOUR OWN DAMN TREE AND LEAVE OURS ALONE!!
I don't know much about Hannakuh or Kwanzaa, but if they want a tree...get a tree.

One more thing: I'm not Chef Boyardee, but why does everyone over sage there damn dressing (stuffing)? I know you don't get to use it much, but Christmas isn't a good reason to empty the jar. This is why I choice to eat at home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home