The Science, Baby!

A view of life from a busy mind in a small town.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

When Does A Secret Become A Lie?

I've been keeping a secret from a lot of people, and for good reason. It's not always good to have everyone in your business so sometimes you have to tell a white lie to keep the peace. I'm at the point now, that I know I'm deceiving people. I've told a few harmless people what's going on in my life, but it's so hard to keep a straight face. Don't worry ya'll, I haven' committed a crime.

I'm seeing someone, well, falling for someone that is totally off limits. According to the "book" I should steer clear away from this person, but I can't. We're both tip-toeing around and it's become overwhelming. I think he wants to break things off because of the risk that we're taking. Our secret was almost exposed last week and it's taking a toll on the both of us.

This man is wonderful. I know that I get into these guys and I think they're the sun and the orange moon...This cat is all that and them some. College grad, own house, own car, NO KIDS, good job...and he's just as geeky as me!! (How many people, besides me, do ya'll know with Jeopardy on PS2?)

As long as we aren't telling people (the people that count) about what we're doing, we're lying by omission, and it's eating me up inside. I really want things to work. I'm even writing poems about him.

Honey Molasses II

I was sitting here
thinking about you
and the time that we spent
wondering if
I'm on your mind
like you're on mine
wondering if
you see things
the way I see
wondering if
you're afraid
to take it there
with me
I know that
I can be quite
aggressive
and that may
scare
a man like you
I know that
I can continue
to stress it
but what good
would that do
All I can do
is continue to be
a good woman
and a reliable friend
All I can do
is show you
that I deserve
a man
of your caliber
a man
with your intelligence
a man
as beautiful as you
as kind as you
I'm not tryna blind-side you
I just find you
amazing
I feel like
I'm chasing you
and that feeling
isn't right
I can't erase you
from my life
because
because I can't
I am very persistent
and I was
hoping
some of that
would rub off
hoping
some of that
would be
contagious
I could continue
to play this
game with you
like everything is cool
but it's not
As long as you're afraid
I wish you wouldn't
let that fear
keep you away
I don't bite
I don't hurt
who knows
it just might work


My closest friends know that I haven't wrote a poem like that in years. He got me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Paula D. said...

According to the book I should steer clear of him....
Girl, if he is married stay away. The heart can get you into to so much trouble.

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home