The Science, Baby!

A view of life from a busy mind in a small town.

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Never Say Never!

I'm 27 years old, and in my 27 years there have been several occassions when I have said that I would never do something. Then much to my surprise, things change, and I do that exact same thing that I say I'll never do. That's why people shouldn't judge. I've judged people and then done the same stupid thing they've done. I know everybody wants to know what I'm talking about, so I'll get on with the juice.

After a recent disagreement with the love of my life, I totally bitched out. He packed his bags and gave me the silent treatment. What do I do? I react like all the girls I say that I'll never act like. I scream, I cry, I throw myself at his feet. This shit is crazy. If anybody has ever heard the song "Green Eyes" by Erykah Badu (click above on Never Say Never! to hear song), they know what I'm talking about. I went through all the stages plus some of my own. Denial. Sorrow. Anger. Humor. Poetry. Reverse psychology. The shit was rough. Or I should say it still is rough. This is happening as we speak, and I'm waiting for him to unpack his bags. He hasn't left yet, and I don't want him to. I've noticed that he's placed his toothbrush back in the holder in the bathroom, but I don't want to be too hopeful.

Anyway, the moral of the story is that crying and begging are two less things that I can say that I've never done. Instead of continuing to add to the list that used to include giving head and dating men with children, I've decided to never say never again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home